Magnetic particle inspection is limited to the examination of parts made of ferromagnetic metals.
Examining these parts is critical because ferromagnetic metal parts are often required to have
great strength and failure of these parts can have catastrophic consequences.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• List common properties of metals
• Understand the differences among carbon, alloy, and stainless steels
• List the main elements in carbon steels
• List common alloying elements
• List the three stages of producing metal parts
• List common discontinuities in primary metals
• Understand the difference between cast and wrought metal processes
• Distinguish between discontinuities commonly found in cast metals
Course ID Number: NDE-3019