Electricity and magnetism are two subjects in physics that are important in all areas of industry.
Understanding how the two subjects are interconnected is important in understanding the
principle of electromagnetism.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• Define electromagnetism
• Understand the relationship between electricity and magnetism
• Understand the two theories that describe electrical current
• Understand electrical current
• Identify the components of an electrical circuit
• List the purposes of a power supply
• Identify the differences among direct, alternating, full-wave rectified alternating, and halfwave
rectified alternating types of electrical current
• Understand the shape and direction of a magnetic field around a current carrying straight
• Understand the shape and direction of a magnetic field around a current carrying coiled
Course ID Number: NDE-3017