Visual testing often requires the inspection of products after they are manufactured and inservice.
Understanding the types of discontinuities and defects that arise while a product is in
use is important information for the visual testing technician.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• List common discontinuities found in aircraft that are in-service
• Define corrosion
• Understand the cause of corrosion
• Understand the relationship of corrosion and stress
• List areas of an aircraft that are highly prone to corrosion
• List good practices for conducting a visual test
• Understand how to use IES illumination recommendations
Course ID Number: NDE-3013