Proximity sensors are typically designed to determine if an object is near and to communicate
that information to another device in an automated system. Some proximity sensors simply
detect if an object is present or absent, while others can measure the distance to the object.
Other proximity sensors can even detect the color of an object.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• Understand proximity sensors
• Identify the different types of proximity sensors
• Understand the function of proximity sensors
• List some typical applications of proximity sensors
• Understand the symbology for proximity sensors
Course ID Number: ELE-2014