Magnetic particle inspection is limited to the examination of parts made of ferromagnetic metals.
Examining these parts is critical because ferromagnetic metal parts are often required to have
great strength and failure of these parts can have catastrophic consequences.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• Understand the difference between hot and cold wrought metal processes
• Understand the forging process
• List the two common hot forging processes
• List wrought metal processes
• List wrought metal products produced from cast blooms, billets, and slabs
• Distinguish between discontinuities commonly found in wrought metals
Course ID Number: NDE-3020